Kino Babylon (Berlin)

Kino Babylon (Berlin)

The Kino Babylon cinema at Rosa-Luxemburg-Platz in Berlin-Mitte.

The photo shows an impression at blue hour, with the Volksbühne in the background.

The Babylon opened in 1929 as a silent movie theater, its striking Bauhaus architecture a design by Hans Poelzig. After severe war damage, post-war renovations and extensive reconstruction in 1999 – 2001, the Kino Babylon is now once again a fixture for Berlin cineastes.

Countries & Regions